Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Apple the Bear Fighting Cow!

OK, I need your help. If you are reading these cartoons in the Times-Call in Longmont and appreciate the focus on the local issues, PLEASE let the editor know. John Vahlenkamp 303-684-5239, or Call the TC Line 720-494-5485. You can even send an email to opinion@times-call.com or express your opinion on a Time-Call Survey. http://www.lehmanfyi.com/timescall/survey/. Bottom line is... I enjoy doing cartoons for Longmont and northern Colorado and would love to continue to do so.
Thanks for your help, Sam Wallace


The idea for this cartoon came from a story by Scott Rochatt in the August 18, 2008 Times-Call.
So with the bad economy on my mind, and this very brave (or very stupid) cow standing up to a bear, I couldn't help but put the two together. I wonder though, do people really name their cows? To me cows are food, I don't know that I would want to name the cow that I plan on eating. Cows are pretty interesting though, I just read that cows have a built in compass and seem to naturally point north. Weird.
Published in the August 27, 2008 Times-Call Thanks for reading!

No comments: